Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's the deal with twitter?

I can't tell you how many times over the last few months  I've had a conversation about twitter that doesn't end up with an, "I don't get it" "What can you really say in 140 characters" and "I don't care if so and so is shopping for milk". Funny thing for me, I intuitively got it and find it an invaluable professional tool that is very rich in content.  So to get the "deal", check out Adam Cohen's blog;  a simple 7 step list that shows the value of twitter in 2 minutes or less.  Try it! As for where I personally go to find the best links to follow, check out tweetmeme and Mrtweet. Once your in the groove, here are 10 ways to keep your followers. Happy tweeting!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog post, really glad to hear you found it valueable! I have heard a lot of examples recently where people have tried it and it helped the proverbial "light bulb" to go off. I've been an avid fan of Twitter for the past couple of years, and I agree with your assessment that it's a content rich professional tool (when used properly). Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete